Copyright shall mean an exclusive right for an Author or the recipient of the right to publish or reproduce his Work or to grant permission for said purposes, without decreasing the limits according to the prevailing laws and regulations.
Author shall mean a person or several persons jointly upon whose inspiration a Work is produced, based on the intellectual ability, imagination, dexterity, skill or expertise manifested in a distinctive form and is of a personal nature.
Work shall mean any result of works of an Author, which shows originality in the field of science, arts and literature.
Function and Nature of Copyright
Copyright shall mean the exclusive right of an Author or a Copyright Holder to publish or reproduce his/her work, which emerges automatically after the creation of the work without prejudice to restrictions pursuant to the prevailing laws and regulations.
An Author and/or a Copyright Holder of a cinematographic work and computer program shall have the right to give permission or to prevent any other person whom without his/her approval rents out the work concerned for commercial purposes.
- Any person who deliberately and without right conducts any acts as referred to in Article 2 paragraph (1) or Article 49 paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be sentenced to imprisonment of at least 1 (one) month and/or a fine of at least Rp. 1,000,000.- (one million rupiahs) or imprisonment of at most 7 (seven) years and/or a fine of at most Rp. 5,000,000,000.- (five billion rupiahs)
- Any person who deliberately broadcasts, exhibits, distributes, or sells to the public a work or goods resulting from an infringement of copyright or related rights as referred to in paragraph (1) shall be sentenced to imprisonment of at most 5 (five) years and/or a fine of at most Rp. 500,000,000.- (five hundred million rupiahs).
- Any person who deliberately and without reproduce the use of a computer program for commercial purposes shall be sentenced to imprisonment of at most 5 (five) years and/or a fine of at most Rp. 500,000,000.- (five hundred million rupiahs).
General Requirements :
- A simply signed Power of Attorney
- Assignment of Right from inventor (s) to applicant (s), if the applicant is not the inventor.
- 15 prints of devices, 5 books and pamphlets related to art, lecture, speech, music, play, phantomin, broadcasting works, i.e. radio, television, film, recording, and songs; photography works, map, translation, interpretation, quotation and flower arrangement.